I am the Academic Coordinator and an Instructor for the Introductory Biology Course BIS-2A. I am responsible for all aspects of the course discussion section development: coordination, administration, instructional training, TA hiring, and supervision. I also create course materials as well as administer, collect and present education research data.
- BIS-2A, Introduction to Biology: Essentials of Life on Earth
- Becker, E. Easlon, et al. (2017) “Practice-Driven and Feedback-Centered: Transforming Undergraduate Education through Evidence-based Training of Graduate Teaching Assistants” CBE, 16(4): ar58
- Bin Li, Craig Skinner, Pablo R. Castello, Michiko Kato, Erin Easlon, Li Xie, Tianlin Li, SHu-Ping Lu, Chen Wang, Felicia Tsang, Robert Poyton, Su-Ju Lin, “Identification of Potential Calorie Restriction-Mimicking Yeast Mutants with Increased Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain and Nitric Oxide Levels,” Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2011, Article ID 673185, 16 pages, 2011.
- Wang C, Skinner C, Easlon E, Lin SJ (2009) Deleting the 14-3-3 protein Bmh1 extends life span in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by increasing stress response. Genetics, 183(4):1373-84.
- Chen, A. D. Steele, G. Hutter, J. Bruno, A. Govindarajan, Erin Easlon, S. Lin, A. Aguzzi, S. Lindquist, L. Guarente (2008) The role of calorie restriction and SIRT1 in prion-mediated neurodegeneration. Exp Gerontol, 43(12):1086-93.
- Chen D, Bruno J, Easlon E, Lin SJ, Cheng HL, Alt FW, Guarente L (2008) Tissue- specific regulation of SIRT1 by calorie restriction. Genes Dev, 22(13):1753-7.
- Easlon, F. Tsang, C. Skinner and S. Lin (2008) The malate-aspartate NADH shuttle components are novel metabolic longevity regulators required for calorie restriction mediated life span extension. Genes Dev, 22(7):931-44.
- Dilova, E. Easlon and S. Lin (2007) Calorie Restriction and the Nutrient Sensing Signaling Pathways. Cell Mol Life Sci, 64:752-767.
- Easlon, F. Tsang, I. Dilova, C. Wang, S-P Lu, C. Skinner and S-J Lin. (2007) The Dihydrolipoamide Acetyltransferase Is A Novel Metabolic Longevity Factor And Is Required For Calorie Restriction Mediated Life Span Extension. J. Biol.Chem. 282:6161-71
- Bordone, M. C. Motta, F. Picard, A. Robinson, U. S. Jhala, J. Apfeld, T. McDonagh, M. Lemieux, M. McBurney, E. Easlon, S. Lin, and L. Guarente (2006) Sirt1 Regulates Insulin Secretion by Repressing UCP2 in Pancreatic b-cells. PLoS Biol 4(2):e31
- Pham VD, Shebelut CW, Zumstein EJ and Singer M (2005) BrgE is a regulator of Myxococcus xanthus development. Microbiol. 57(3):762-73.